SALUTE TO HEROES!
Super typhoon Odette caused massive infrastructure damage resulting in prolonged power outage; disruption of communications, transportation, and hospital services; and insufficient supply of basic necessities. Among those impacted were PSG members in Surigao del Norte, Cebu, Bohol, Bacolod, and Palawan.
To help affected individuals in these five calamity areas, PSG initiated a donation drive from December 25, 2021 to January 21, 2022 that yielded a total collection of Php192,500.00. The proceeds are being contributed to local relief efforts. Below are the initial recipients:
- Cebu: Oplan Typhoon Odette Relief Efforts, #BangonSugbo
- Palawan: Ahon Palaweno Typhoon Odette Outreach Project
- Surigao del Norte: Surigao Health Charities Foundation Relief Efforts
- Bohol: Diocese of Talibon Relief Efforts
- Bacolod: Relief Efforts to Bacolod Healthcare Workers
Thank you so much to our 68 donors for your kindness and generosity. Salute to our PSG colleagues in the affected areas, especially Dr. Jenny L. Limquiaco of Cebu, Dr. Roy Ycong of Surigao Del Norte, Dr. Jose Maria A. Bautista of Palawan, Dr. Jose Antonietto H. Ugpo of Bohol, and Dr. Helen B. Campos of Bacolod for going above and beyond the call of duty in assisting our affected kababayans.
by Dr Dulcinea Keiko Balce-Santos and the PSG Civic Action Committee
6 February 2022